Anybody know where I can get these strips?

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
I have an Accu AQ UG monitor.

And a week ago I realised I was running out of strips so ordered some more. But, they don’t fit. In fact I can’t find any strips that fit my particular monitor as the ones I was told did are shorter and have a different end from the originals.

I have looked in Amazon and put various serial numbers in online but the strips are either no longer available or certainly don’t look right from the images.

Does anyone have the same monitor or know where I can pick up some strips as I’m already quids down on duds.

Thank you

D

Deleted Account

I agree with @bulkbiker and it is always a wise idea to have 2 meters. One to use, and one for emergencies.
I agree it is good to have a back up meter.
But bear in mind they are likely to have a different level of accuracy so not a great idea to compare readings on one meter with another.
I would also advise the backup meter to take the same test strips as your primary meter. My meter failed once and then I realised the strips I had for my backup were out of date which rendered the backup useless.

Reactions: Patrick66

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
To be honest Patrick I'd suggest switching to a Tee2 meter from here

http://spirit-healthcare.co.uk/product/tee2-plus-blood-glucose-meter/

http://spirit-healthcare.co.uk/product/tee2-testing-strips/

If you phone your order through they'll probably give you the meter for free and from what I can see the strips are cheaper and the supply more regular.
Thank you.

I’ve been told the accuracy is questionable on that one and considering my better half paid £50 for my current super one it’s doubly annoying that the strips seem to be so hard to get hold of. I’ll carry on looking.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I agree it is good to have a back up meter.
But bear in mind they are likely to have a different level of accuracy so not a great idea to compare readings on one meter with another.
I would also advise the backup meter to take the same test strips as your primary meter. My meter failed once and then I realised the strips I had for my backup were out of date which rendered the backup useless.
Well, at the moment, I can’t find any strips for my meter lol.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Finally found some strips although, at £19 for 50 they are certainly on the expensive side.

Have emailed the manufacturer of my device as to why they are so hard to find in the UK although I must admit it doesn’t help when they have about 8 different machines each all use different strips yet each depiction of the strip box looks identical to the next, hence me ordering strips which allegedly fitted my monitor only to find they were shorter and wider than the originals.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Patrick66 Are the ones on amazon not the same?
No.
Amazon is where I purchased some strips which Amazon described as fitting my monitor but they’re entirely different. I need AQ UG strips not just AQ or AQ Smart and the strips for the latter are slightly fatter and shorter and end in three “lines” whilst mine ends in four.
But I’ve found that the pictures Amazon show are also misleading as what you get sent is not the same as in the illustration.
I’ve now found some on Amazon, perhaps, so will see what turns up.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you.

I’ve been told the accuracy is questionable on that one and considering my better half paid £50 for my current super one it’s doubly annoying that the strips seem to be so hard to get hold of. I’ll carry on looking.
The Codefree is the one that was reported as being inaccurate..
I've found the Tee2 to be very consistent. But as you will..

Reactions: Patrick66

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Codefree is the one that was reported as being inaccurate..
I've found the Tee2 to be very consistent. But as you will..
Sorry that you seem to take umbrage with my comment.

I’d read some not great reviews on a number of monitors including my own as well as the tee2 and codefree ones and given the cost of my monitor it is intensely frustrating to find that the strips are so hard to come by. In fact I’m starting to get eyesores from looking at so many which are subtly different.
So, if the strips I’ve ordered now are, yet again, not the right ones, I may scream. I think the websites could do a lot better when it comes to both the accuracy of the product description as well as the picture they use to illustrate that product.
And if I get let down again I will hunt out another monitor.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
If I were you I would cut my losses if you buy more strips and they too are of no use you are just throwing good money after bad there are plenty of meters to choose from so personally I think you should consider obtaining a different meter accuracy of most meters are no better or worse than others and we don't require a high level of accuracy in order to eat to our meters and judge trends in blood sugar levels.

Find one you like the look of check on availability and cost of strips and start over with new meter. Anyway that's my opinion for what it's worth.

Good luck on your quest. :)

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
If I were you I would cut my losses if you buy more strips and they too are of no use you are just throwing good money after bad there are plenty of meters to choose from so personally I think you should consider obtaining a different meter accuracy of most meters are no better or worse than others and we don't require a high level of accuracy in order to eat to our meters and judge trends in blood sugar levels.

Find one you like the look of check on availability and cost of strips and start over with new meter. Anyway that's my opinion for what it's worth.

Good luck on your quest. :)
Thanks.

Well it’s not my loss lol as my partner purchased the monitor for me and she’s pretty peeved.
I can send these back if they aren’t right as it should say on the box. I hope.
If not then I’ll purchase another monitor with some reluctance.