Anyone definitely had Corona with a comorbidity and come though this?

Nometype1andproud

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi there I came home from work yesterday and am very hot no other symptoms yet but also have asthma as well as the type 1.

I just wondered if anyone else has been through CV and has come through the otherside? I’m terrified for myself and my family

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there I came home from work yesterday and am very hot no other symptoms yet but also have asthma as well as the type 1.

I just wondered if anyone else has been through CV and has come through the otherside? I’m terrified for myself and my family

Is there a reason why you are still working? Asthma puts you in a vulnerable group. My daughter was sent home from work at the beginning of all this due to her medical records showing she has asthma.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Last edited:

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
My next door neighbour has a rare form of haemophilia, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, is very overweight and is due to have 5 joints replaced in the future. He has had Covid-19 with high fever, dry cough and breathing difficulties and some gastrointestinal effects as well. He was ill for 5 days at home and has recovered.
His lodger has coeliacs, she has also had the virus and recovered. Take heart!

bmtest

I am unable to confirm if i have had it though I am self isolating but my symptons were initially tight chest dry throat 1st off. Week later tight chest appeared again stronger, high blood sugar dry throat I wanted to pour water down nose as very dry not really a repetitive cough, obviously a bit panicky.

To combat dry throat I am drinking plenty of teas and coffees 1 after the other in times of need this has been my only routine.

Other symptons 1 night confusion whilst sleeping,sweating but would not say high temperature other pain was lower back at base of spine and to either side and for 1 day weak legs and muscle ache. This was odd and unable to expalin blood glucose reading 18 so injected 8 units tested again an hour and a half later and reading 20, i dont like overlapping doses but felt I needed to hence lots of testing. Other I cant explain woke up on mornings reading around 6 injected 12units and waited to see what happended before having breakfast and tested an hour after injection test was 8 even before having breafast usual dose of Novorapid before breakfast is 6 units.

So who knows if it is it as testing is not available but if it is not what is it as I am still tight chested breathing better and control getting back to normal 5 days on.

Once tests are available I will only then be able to confirm but I have never had any symptons like this and I am wrong side of 50, its not as bad as when I had Quinsy though, its just reading media that scares you.

In summaty isolate test & rest.

Seaquest

The government does not test for it in this country only for a select few so unable to answer your question.Although I do believe through personal experience and related information it has been in this country at least since November.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve read today of a 15yr old with cystic fibrosis leaving hospital ok. And several older people including with hypertension/diabetes etc. Sorry no idea where.

It would be great if we heard more about these stories to counter the doom and gloom somewhat

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
The government does not test for it in this country only for a select few so unable to answer your question.Although I do believe through personal experience and related information it has been in this country at least since November.
in december i had a dry cough and breathng difficulties, gp said i bronchits when i finally went to the see her m the cough didn't move anything and ar times i lost my breath, i may have had ths virus . i am petrified m cant sleep and full of anxiety panic .

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
in december i had a dry cough and breathng difficulties, gp said i bronchits when i finally went to the see her m the cough didn't move anything and ar times i lost my breath, i may have had ths virus . i am petrified m cant sleep and full of anxiety panic .
Depending on your views of the oxford model (it’s been here ages longer than we realise) most assumptions are that it probably didnt reach our shores til this year. It seems odd that we could have had the first half of the population exposed without the hospital admission we are seeing now for the second half.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If these numbers are correct then recovery is by far the most common occurrence especially when the diagnosed are likely to also be the sickest.
Interestingly the UK is quite low when the numbers are sorted by the serious/critical criteria
From here
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Screenshot 2020-03-29 at 11.07.39.png
Screenshot 2020-03-29 at 11.08.16.png

Reactions: Struma

hyponilla

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It would be great if we heard more about these stories to counter the doom and gloom somewhat

Here's a nice one:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.busi...essfully-docs-call-her-immortal/1/399497.html

There's a 102-year old man in Italy who also just recovered. I showed it to my grandmother and it made her very happy, because she's 97 and worried about being old and catching this thing.

Here in the Czech Republic we've already been in lockdown for 15 days, and the hospitals are strained. Many people are trying to help by getting sewing machines and making masks. We have a 3d printer at home and use cad software, so we've been making molds and put out videos for how to make respirator masks if you have a 3d printer. All our friends are sewing and dropping off masks at the local hospitals and supermarkets.

I think one thing that you'll see over the next few months as governments and corporates fail to help, is people coming together and helping each other. It's happening here already.

PeteN11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I now believe I got infected on March 2nd though I can't prove it.

First symptom was a very sore throat that came on suddenly at 6 pm on March 6th. A few days later I had 24 hours when I struggled to breathe. Thought I was going to come down with a bad bacterial chest infection but that part of it turned out to be mild. I often had chest infections in the past with no help from doctors so I just did what I always do and stayed home and slept in a sitting position.

I was scared because I thought 'If I am like this with just a cold then coronavirus would kill me'. I did the 111 questionnaire at the time and it said No action required. This was because I hadn't been in contact with anyone who had come back from abroad. That was such a stupid thing for a so called helpline to advise because how did I know if the guy who sneezed over me at a football match on March 2nd had been abroad or not! Interestingly I did the questionnaire again today, answering it with the answers I would have given back then if the right questions had been asked. It told me to self isolate for 7 days and my hubby for 14. We did that anyway because we didn't want to pass even a cold onto someone else at this time. I am convinced now that it was coronavirus.

Other symptoms I had were eyes that felt like there was glass in them. Dry chest and throat which lasted until yesterday. Today it all feels more moist and normal but I am still not 100% well. Fatigue and weak limbs. Dull ache in back, I think kidney pain but that's gone now.

I often know within hours when I have been in contact with a bug. I feel tired and my limbs are weak. I rest for 24 hours to.try to shake it off. I thought I had done so because it wasn't until the 4th day that I got symptoms. Then there were a couple of days after the first signs when I was 100% well before the dryness started.

I am T2, not as well controlled as I have been. Last HbA1c in Dec was 51. I have mild asthma and highish BP 150/80 today. I take Losartan for this. I am aged 62 and obese. I am prone to depression and may still have Lyme Disease which may make me more susceptible to infections.

My son was with me on 2nd March. He had a sore throat which started 2 days before mine. That went after 24 hours. He has had no other symptoms except for a bad headache for 2 days recently.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

My son is T1 and had a letter from his surgery almost straight away to say he must self isolate luckily he is able to work from home and is still well