Anyone else fasting, feeling strange??????

jay10

I am type 2 recently started on metformin500mg, I am currently fasting dawn till dusk so about 18 hours. I feel fine in myself no faint feeling not even hungry bs stay stable and in the evening if I have something naughty raise. I cant increase my metformin as have a intolerence to it so have to take it slowly.
My question is the last few day my body aches, not pain but ache like I have spent 18 hours in the gym, I am drinking lots of water, the only other thing is that I have become quite sedentry whilst fasting, has anyone else experieced this, do you think its connected to the fasting.
Spoke with my GP she said if bs is fine its not a problem, but she is a waste of space....and regurly gives out incorrect information!!!

Many thanks

viv1969

Are you fasting for Ramadan? I take it you're aware that as someone with a chronic medical condition you are permitted to abstain from fasting.

I have no medical training, but I don't think it takes much to put 2 and 2 together here. You need to do what is best for your health.