Anyone Else having trouble with the new Accu- Chek Mobile?

Lsdj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lol. Before the recent pricker that came with the mobile, I just manually impaled myself with the basic lancet refill...
Just twist the cap off & away ya go...
I have had to do tht before it's not the painful tbf

Reactions: 2 people

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
28-03-2014

Since I moved over to the new mobile tester I have been getting very strange differences in readings. I’m not talking a little out I’m talking about 10mol out! I know this as I tested on another 3 testers I have.

Also I keep getting E4 errors and E3 errors on these testers!

I've contacted Accu Chek which they finally got back to me after a month, after me having to go to a phone box and ring them and ask to speak to a manager.

After I spoke to them I was given another 3 Mobile testers after the other two I had was giving inaccurate readings and E3 And E4 errors.

3 days later after receiving on the new testers I’am getting E3 and E4 errors again.

I do not trust these testers at all now! I’m waiting for Accu Chek to get back to me again on this. Hope it’s not a month this time.

Is anyone else getting errors on these testers? My fingers are getting sore with having to keep re testing due to all these errors! Also saying little blood on the machine too, when in fact there is plenty of blood on my finger.

Id change over to a different tester but I need something that can handle the outdoors a lot and having strips to carry is not the way forward for me!

Please comment and let me know as I would like to see how many of these testers are giving errors so I can get back to Accu Check for them to remove them from the shops and internet!

I’ve been a diabetic a long while and these testers are the worse I’ve ever had.

Another thing I’ve noticed too today is the readings are not aligning to my A4 dairy’s reading, by date and time.

Thanks
This is why mine is consigned to the drawer, tempermental and inconsistent.

I was never going to use it for dosing decisions, but had though that the design features in it would be ideal to minimise the faffing when out running adn cycling.

You should have seen me scrabbling on the pavement last week for the dozen test strips I dropped, luckily it was dry and I salvaged most of them. :facepalm:

Nicko2K

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I use the accu-check mobile at work is always accurate and fiddle free. Have only had about 2 errors in over 150 tests. And think they were my fault to be honest. Only thing i would like to see on it is a light near the test strip.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 4 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I use the accu-check mobile at work is always accurate and fiddle free. Have only had about 2 errors in over 150 tests. And think they were my fault to be honest. Only thing i would like to see on it is a light near the test strip.

Actually..! That's a good idea... Like a lazier pointer to line up the blood globule..?

I've had my meter a few months now & have refined my technique.. Not had an error since..
I do have to admit, the whole error reading when it occurs causes a faff that holds up the proceedings longer than need be...!?

Lsdj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think the slightly different way of putting the blood on the strip with the Mobile takes some getting used to. I believe it's accurate though - I posted a review of meter accuracy on the sticky topic in Blood Glucose Monitoring just now and the Mobile comes out in the top 6 or so meters. If you are getting a lot of bad readings it might be a duff batch of cartridges.
yeh agreed but duff batch of cartridges i don't think so make sure you wash your hands furtively this may help

Nicko2K

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Should have mentioned in other post but you can get a free carry case for your accu-check mobile on their website. With two styles to choose from. Nice quality aswell. And you can also order batteries every three months free of charge, and log books, and a test solution. So worth registering your meter :)

GelertDewin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
yeh agreed but duff batch of cartridges i don't think so make sure you wash your hands furtively this may help
I have been using the mobile for a while as I have M.S. and find it quite difficult handling test strips. I have recently been having very high readings from the meter and was on the point of changing the meter as it was so unreliable when I read the note about taking the reading correctly washing hands etc. and this did improve the situation although I am still concerned the meter is so temperamental about such pros ice proceeders.

Valaraki

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
My son was given the mobile reader and we havent had any problems with it.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's worth putting the warning here in case anyone hasn't seen it

Enhanced instructions for the proper handling of the Accu-Chek® Mobile system to avoid the
potential of falsely elevated blood glucose readings

http://www.mhra.gov.uk/home/groups/fsn/documents/fieldsafetynotice/con418501.pdf
Thanks @phoenix, great links as ever! For me this raises more questions than it answers. Why is Roche issuing the alert and what's the reason for the errors. All the leaflet says is "follow the correct procedures". It leaves doctors and patients no wiser as to the reasons people are reporting errors with the Mobile.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @phoenix, great links as ever! For me this raises more questions than it answers. Why is Roche issuing the alert and what's the reason for the errors. All the leaflet says is "follow the correct procedures". It leaves doctors and patients no wiser as to the reasons people are reporting errors with the Mobile.

Roche have issued a leaflet revising the instructions for using the meter. Basically the errors are down to not washing hands properly, putting the blood spot on the strip incorrectly, waiting too long with a blood spot before putting on the strip etc etc. Apparently a small number of people have complained. I think the revised instructions are contained in the link on page 2 of Phoenix's link.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Roche have issued a leaflet revising the instructions for using the meter. Basically the errors are down to not washing hands properly, putting the blood spot on the strip incorrectly, waiting too long with a blood spot before putting on the strip etc etc. Apparently a small number of people have complained. I think the revised instructions are contained in the link on page 2 of Phoenix's link.
Right, I read that. Why would that not be true for any meter? What's the particular issue with the Mobile?

Or is there no specific issue, just some bad publicity, and Roche is just spin doctoring??

Miraculously sent via Diabetes Forum App. Probably on the 4th or 5th try :-/

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Right, I read that. Why would that not be true for any meter? What's the particular issue with the Mobile?

Or is there no specific issue, just some bad publicity, and Roche is just spin doctoring??

Miraculously sent via Diabetes Forum App. Probably on the 4th or 5th try :-/

I believe it is because the accu chek mobile has the strips inbuilt inside a cassette rather than separate loose strips. For someone changing from a separate strip meter to a cassette may cause problems for them as the instructions for use are slightly different.

Lsdj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
im unsure whether anyone knows this but the company who runs accu check have issued out letters to customers saying their meters are like not working properly and how to avoid errors

Nicko2K

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hm.. maybe its a bad batch. I havnt had a letter or any errors. And i use the thing day and night, plus throw it around at work

Type 1 Diabetic: (Novorapid/Levemir) Diagnosed 2014: Extremely handsome: Always smiling :)

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
im unsure whether anyone knows this but the company who runs accu check have issued out letters to customers saying their meters are like not working properly and how to avoid errors
They are not saying their meters are not working properly, the letter tells people how to use the meter properly to avoid errors and misleading high results.

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I went with my prescription and the pharmacist said they had a warning from accucheck. They had to re iterate to everyone about washing hands and applying blood carefully. Seems they've had some complaints about accuracy ...

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I went with my prescription and the pharmacist said they had a warning from accucheck. They had to re iterate to everyone about washing hands and applying blood carefully. Seems they've had some complaints about accuracy ...

How did you manage to get prescriptions? We have the same Practice (different nurses) but all I got was a new box containing the Accu Chek Mobile meter, 1 x 50 cassette and 6 lancets! I did ask at my last review but got nowhere.

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How did you manage to get prescriptions? We have the same Practice (different nurses) but all I got was a new box containing the Accu Chek Mobile meter, 1 x 50 cassette and 6 lancets! I did ask at my last review but got nowhere.
I asked for a meter in December on my second visit to the nurse. She took one down from the shelf and showed me how to use it. At that time she said she would like me to keep my BG under 10 to begin with. She gave me a prescription for the cassettes and lancets. I supplement through my own SD Codefree. I try not to draw attention to myself by ordering a prescription about every two months now. There are 2 cassettes in a box and each contains 50 tests. I noticed it's almost £30 to buy over the counter!!! Why oh why use such expensive meters?!!!
Now I'm off the medication I tiptoe around hoping I won't be noticed ha ha!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I buy my cassettes from Ebay. I haven't been conned as yet and I've bought a lot! I've just ordered 3 cassettes of 50 strips each (150) for £25. My last order was 4 cassettes, which I got for £22. I don't bid, I use the Buy It Now option and am very careful to read the description and check the expiry date. Still expensive but as I like the meter and find the cassettes so easy I put up with it. No doubt Roche provides the meters free to the Practice.

I think I made a big mistake by telling the nurse I was self funding when I asked for a prescription.