Anyone ever been asked by their doctor how they achieved remission & felt they were listened to ?

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
My GP was interested in how I had and am losing weight but levels still need to come down more - the chemist was flabbergasted and was shocked I had lowered my levels so quickly without meds (she thought I was on meds), I felt quite smug, according to dn she had never had anyone of her patients lower their bg without meds... hopefully they have gone down more in Feb so I can really rub it in :hilarious:

Reactions: jessj

DCB 2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Carry out out pizza commercials on the TV and people bringing in a fresh box of glazed donuts to work !!! (They are evil)
My Doctor was pleased, but I had to remind him of the criteria and grudgingly agreed. He also that told me I have to keep what I am doing. If I fudged up, this a family oriented blog, he would deal with me accordingly. I messed up terribly with the first remission and made a mess of things, so I think I deserved the warning, The numbers are still good.

johnme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a similar experience.. a couple of months after diagnosis I had a meeting with the "Area Diabetes Nurse" who saw my results and said "wow you respond very well to metformin"
She was most displeased when I told her I'd chucked that rubbish in the bin after 3 weeks of toilet hell and gone ultra low carb.
She of course wasn't interested in that..
Aren't you tempted to say 'you are making a fool of yourself'?