Anyone get the Nightrider to work on iOS?

PMHunt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi guys,

Has anyone got a Ambrosia Nightrider working using an iPhone? Mine just doesn't match my physical blood or the Freestyle reader at all, it's always out up to 8 mmol/L which is an issue? I don't want to move to android or continue to carry the basic libre...

Thanks in advance

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Is there any chance of borrowing an android phone?

I can't see that this has anything to do with the phone OS.

The sensor is just that, a sensor. It produces a digital output which is the same however it's read. It is down to that reader to interpret and manipulate the number into something we understand.

Using just the reader or android phone with librelink as a scanner i have never seen a difference. This I assume is because both are using the same spec algorithm to do the conversion to mmol.

So if your iOS could scan it would be the same.

The difference you describe must be in the blucon/Nightrider somehow. So sticking it on android as a test would confirm that.

HTH

PMHunt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks for your reply Barry. It turns out to be the blucon/Nightrider iOS software, as described by the company to me, they said there algorithm is different to the Libre's own software. Which does make any sense to me, but hey ho!

But luckily they have just released the iOS version of the librelink!

Thanks again or your reply

HJROD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Where can yoU get the iOS version of the libre lInk?