1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Anyone going NCS?

Discussion in 'Children & Teens' started by Inour, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Inour

Inour Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi everyone I want to go NCS this summer but I am scared, and idk what I will be able to do there as a diabetic, so is anyone else going? And any advise?

2. Little_Lucy

Little_Lucy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I am not going as at the moment I am too young but I went to Italy in January with school and I was completely fine. So at the time I was on injections which was okay but if I had the choice I would of preferred the pump as it is quicker and easy to use so I would go for the pump if you have one and no one is going to judge you it may be a bit different for you of course being a diabetic things may take a bit longer but from what I have learnt from going to Italy with nearly my whole year group that people do care as people that I never even spoke to where worried about me and my blood sugars even though they didn't fully understand it and do not be shy with your diabetes don't try to hide it as then if there are people there that are not very nice towards it then you would know straight away

3. IceLover

IceLover Type 1 · Well-Known Member

OMMGGG i really wanted to go but diabetes uno?!

4. Megan1704

Megan1704 Type 1 · Member

I’m going to NCS this summer

5. Megan1704

Megan1704 Type 1 · Member

Lmao I just read the date, sorry . Whoops

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook