Anyone had any luck getting Insujet?

Steffi30

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi All,

I have had Type 1 Diabetes for the last 20 years (I am now 56). I have a needle phobia and, ever since I have had to inject insulin, I have used a Novopen 3 with the Penmate. This means that I can inject without having to actually push a needle into my skin. The Novopen 3 I use for my night-time injection has now broken and I cannot find another one! I really am dreading the prospect of injecting without using the Penmate so have been looking for alternatives. All I can find is the Insu-Jet where the insulin goes through the skin without using a needle. When I mentioned this at the Diabetes Clinic at York Hospital they had not heard of them and I am sure they won't be available on the NHS....I am happy to purchase one but wondered if anyone has any experience of them first? Or if anyone has an old Novopen 3 lying around? Or if anyone knows of any other alternatives I could consider? I just can't believe I am the only person with Diabetes and a needle phobia!

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi there @Steffi30
welcome to the forum !:)

Have you tried contacting Novo Nordisk ( manufacturer of the novopen 3 )

General enquiries
3 City Place
Beehive Ring Road
Gatwick
West Sussex
RH6 0PA
Tel: 01293 613555
Fax: 01293 613535

Perhaps they may have a solution to adding the penmate to another of their products.

I have an old fairly battered novopen ( I think it is a 3 ) it is red body with yellow detailing ( about 14 years old )-- I picked it because it reminded me of the Spanish football team uniform.

you can barely read the numbers anymore ( so have to count by the clicks - if that makes sense )
it still works fine though --- you are welcome to have it if you want

DSCF1628.JPG
DSCF1631.JPG

Reactions: Struma

zahoor228

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All,

I have had Type 1 Diabetes for the last 20 years (I am now 56). I have a needle phobia and, ever since I have had to inject insulin, I have used a Novopen 3 with the Penmate. This means that I can inject without having to actually push a needle into my skin. The Novopen 3 I use for my night-time injection has now broken and I cannot find another one! I really am dreading the prospect of injecting without using the Penmate so have been looking for alternatives. All I can find is the Insu-Jet where the insulin goes through the skin without using a needle. When I mentioned this at the Diabetes Clinic at York Hospital they had not heard of them and I am sure they won't be available on the NHS....I am happy to purchase one but wondered if anyone has any experience of them first? Or if anyone has an old Novopen 3 lying around? Or if anyone knows of any other alternatives I could consider? I just can't believe I am the only person with Diabetes and a needle phobia!
@Steffi30 same here i have also needle phobia. I have now seen InsuJet over the internet. So have u tried InsuJet ?? Or having any experience of needle free insulin device?

Steffi30

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi there @Steffi30

General enquiries
3 City Place
Beehive Ring Road
Gatwick
West Sussex
RH6 0PA

Perhaps they may have a solution to adding the penmate to another of their products.

I have an old fairly battered novopen ( I think it is a 3 ) it is red body with yellow detailing ( about 14 years old )-- I picked it because it reminded me of the Spanish football team uniform.

you can barely read the numbers anymore ( so have to count by the clicks - if that makes sense )

View attachment 23665 View attachment 23666
Hi there @Steffi30

General enquiries
3 City Place
Beehive Ring Road
Gatwick
West Sussex
RH6 0PA

View attachment 23665 View attachment 23666

Steffi30

Type of diabetes
Type 1
That is very kind of you, Himtoo, and it looks like it is a Novopen 3. Can I send you my address? I am new to the forum so not sure how to do this..

Reactions: himtoo

Steffi30

Type of diabetes
Type 1
@Steffi30 same here i have also needle phobia. I have now seen InsuJet over the internet. So have u tried InsuJet ?? Or having any experience of needle free insulin device?
No
@Steffi30 I'm pretty certain I have lots of novopens lying around somewhere if you would like them?
If you have any Novopen 3's I would be eternally grateful - it is only these or the Novopen Junior that work with the Penmate (and both have been discontinued). Let me know if you have the 3 please

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
That is very kind of you, Himtoo, and it looks like it is a Novopen 3. Can I send you my address? I am new to the forum so not sure how to do this..
I have sent you a PM as we don't advise putting addresses on the open forum !!

Reactions: isjoberg

isjoberg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
No

If you have any Novopen 3's I would be eternally grateful - it is only these or the Novopen Junior that work with the Penmate (and both have been discontinued). Let me know if you have the 3 please
Am just on my way home and will see what I can unearth!

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
@Steffi30 There are one or two threads on here discussing Insujet.
If my memory serves correctly, @miszu actually has one, and she may pop in here with her experiences of using the device. Good luck if you get one.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Steffi30 . I have a novo pen 3. It's in silver, in its original case and maybe only used half a dozen times.
It was always my spare one and over the years has found it's way to the back of my diabetes draw.
You are more than welcome to it if struggle to get a replacement elsewhere. As I say it's practically new.
PM me and we can get something sorted if needs be.

Steffi30

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Wow, this is my first post to the forum and I can't believe how helpful everyone has been - it looks like I will get sorted with a Novopen 3 one way or the other. Now I can relax and enjoy a glass of red wine!!:cool:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow, this is my first post to the forum and I can't believe how helpful everyone has been - it looks like I will get sorted with a Novopen 3 one way or the other. Now I can relax and enjoy a glass of red wine!!:cool:
An almost new, shiny silver novo pen 3 is in the post already. Should be there mid next week ( bank holidays):):):)

Reactions: tigger and himtoo

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @himtoo . Step back in time with that picture of your old pen. I chose the same colour when I first went mdi. Garish or what? Made to last though it would appear.

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey,

Glad to see you were able to sort it all out @Steffi30 !

Just to give you and others information, for the ones interested about Insujet.... I did use Insujet for some time... maybe a week I believe. First few tries were okay, that time I was, well newly diagnosed so I was so so happy when the Insujet arrived from the UK to me. Im sad to say this, but after about a week I stopped using it as I saw that Insujet in real can't work for me... Well, I maybe didn't experiment with it enough to say for sure that it's not good, again I was quite inexperienced with my whole diabetes, but I immediately became depressed that it's just not doing its job... So it's been sitting on my desk for months now.
There are a few things tho that tells me to try it again and see how it performs. Now I know my diabetes better, know what readings I usually get after meal etc so I can make a better overall review. First few tries with Insujet I didnt feel a thing when injecting, it didnt leave bruises, then it started leaving bruises... Still no pain when injecting, but bruises were there and they were painful. So Im wondering if I started doing something wrong, absorption seemed to turn bad too after my first few tries... Ive been getting busier in life, but I think I ll give it another shot in the future and definitely update people who are interested.

Hope everyones doing well !:)))

Reactions: Steffi30

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
@therower -- at the time I did think OMG -- why have I chosen a pen that shouts out to the world

*** are you doing there with that bright red missile !!!!!!!!!! :D

it has grown on me over time though !!!!!!!!!!! -- and yeah it has lasted really well !!

Reactions: Dodo and Juicyj