Anyone had odd A1c after chemo?

notned

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, cirrhosis, lymphoma, acronyms, green celery (because it's lazy), those computer programs that nag you night after night to download them and then, when you do, present reams of conditions and threats for you to accept before they'll run. DVDs that start with 5 minutes of threats - if I'd pirated it, then I'd surely leave those out.
Hi All,
My HbA1c tends to be just under 40. I have been a bit sloppy LCHF wise this year due to cancer treatments - pronounced all clear on 24 July. Blood samples for autumn HbA1c taken 8 September. Result 25!!!!

Anyone aware that chemo / radio therapy and the anti-virus and anti-bacterial drugs I am still taking would cause this drop? I know my white cell count and platelets are low - hence still taking the antis..

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
It could very well be that the chemo has messed things up. Probably a good question to ask your oncologist. Makes me wonder if the immunosuppressant drugs I take might be affecting mine? I will have to ask.

notned

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, cirrhosis, lymphoma, acronyms, green celery (because it's lazy), those computer programs that nag you night after night to download them and then, when you do, present reams of conditions and threats for you to accept before they'll run. DVDs that start with 5 minutes of threats - if I'd pirated it, then I'd surely leave those out.
Love your cat! My diabetes nurse and I came to the same conclusion. I shall ring the special nurse at haematology (Faith) tomorrow. Still have to meet Hope and Charity, specially Charity..
I've been missing for a few days. I have had two crashes on two machines since last week. One Windows 7, one Windows 10. Have had to reinstall Windows on both - lost all my links!

J.