Anyone had or have anxiety now?

K

Kat100

Dear @Robinredbreast
Goodness no one knows when depression and or anxiety hits .. We are all vulnerable with or without diabetes ...
If we know the cause then of course it's much easier to take control ..

When we don't know the cause it's a battle , just to carry on .. It takes courage to talk about this subject and to try to carry on...

So it's great you are going to talk to someone .. Anything to help ..

However to get things into focus I do believe a little bit of medication to restore any chemical imbalance might be needed ,..
Sometimes , medicine and talking are two great therapies which work well together ..
Don't struggle because you don't have to ..
You have a lot of support and friends here who will always be here for you ..
But most importantly it's time to step up to putting yourself first .. Get all,the support you can through your GP and other services ..
Try a bit of medication ... It might not be as bad as you think .. Only a friendly suggestion :)

So sorry to learn you are feeling this way .. It will get better , and there will be a bright future .. Things are just a bit misty right now , get the fog cleared .. Hugs ((( ))) Kat X my thoughts are with others who are also struggling to get better .. Aim for positive goals , slowly , small achievements ...

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

Hey guys,

Im a diabetic type 1. 16 years now. 2 times in my life i have been in period of depression. Now it feels like its coming again. Im on low carb diet and my sugars are high in morning and rising in evening. Sometimes i wake up in middle of night due to high blood sugar. Or due to raising sugars.

This affects my moodswings constantly, from tired to happy to anxious etc. Im exercising frequently, doing yoga, meditation. But these feelings of anxiety seems to have started from my diabetes. Now i feel tired, not in the mood for socializing, interest is low in activities etc.

Anyone had diabetes related anxiety, how did you treat it? Anyone have it now? Did you go on medication?
Hello @kaup , I do hope you find away forward , always so much to cope with ..I do hope you find lots of support here and with you health care team .. Don't ever hesitate in getting help you are entitled to it .. Let is all know how you get on .. Plenty of good interventions out there I refer to therapies and medication if wanted needed etc , well anything that you like which makes you feel better , best wishes Kat

Last edited:

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Way before I had diabetes, I had panic attacks. I got phone counselling from No Panic and it really helped and I haven't had any in about ten years. They deal with all sorts of anxietystuff.

www.nopanic.org.uk

Also, ask your GP to refer you for counselling, I had that too.

Ghazalsabet81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys,

Im a diabetic type 1. 16 years now. 2 times in my life i have been in period of depression. Now it feels like its coming again. Im on low carb diet and my sugars are high in morning and rising in evening. Sometimes i wake up in middle of night due to high blood sugar. Or due to raising sugars.

This affects my moodswings constantly, from tired to happy to anxious etc. Im exercising frequently, doing yoga, meditation. But these feelings of anxiety seems to have started from my diabetes. Now i feel tired, not in the mood for socializing, interest is low in activities etc.

Anyone had diabetes related anxiety, how did you treat it? Anyone have it now? Did you go on medication?

Hi. I have had diabetes T1 since I was 8 and I am now mother of two and 37 years old. Constantly have mood swings, and right now very anxious. Get so emotional sometimes and just want to cry. Always thought it’s because im a full time mum staying at home and it’s so hard taking care of two kids. One is nearly 5 the other one 2. Only realised after reading your message/post that my mood swings might be because of my diabetes.... sorry I didn’t really give you any advice, just wanted to share.... hope you get better!!!

Reactions: Ledzeptt