Anyone have chills and balance problems with sugars swinging about ?

Ryann1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Even when my blood sugar is 7.5 i feel so off balance and most events I am exhausted and feel chilly and achy I check my sugar at this time and it is normally 6.5 however my blood sugars do swing about all day sometimes going into the 11-12 range and at one or two times going to 14.5 I have tried to get my diet in check and the ranges more stable but it is problematic, I am worried about brain damage or some kind of brain defect from having this swinging around for a couple of years now. I don't have any neuropathy or retinopathy at the moment which I am thankful for.

Also randomly experience chronic eye pain not sure if this is related to diabetes though as vision is normal and don't wear glasses

I have been a type one diabetic for 12 years now. latest HBA1C was 6

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I’d recommend going to get checked out by your GP - diabetes isn’t always the cause of feeling unwell x

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was diagnosed 54 years ago and I agree with the earlier comments absolutely. Any one of us can develop any disease or medical condition known to mankind and you should not assume everything is related to diabetes. Get an appointment and ask questions. That would be my advice.