Anyone on Gabapentin

supergob

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the usual red hot feet and pins and needles in feet, legs and arms from Diabetic Neuropathy. Last year I was prescribed Gabapentin 300 mg 3 times a day and amitriptyline 5mg x 3 at night and have had no side effects, although the body is getting used to them and the discomfort and pain have recently got worse. My Diabetic Consultant at Hospital upped the gabapentine to 3x 600 mg a day and 1x 50 amitriptyline, this has caused all sorts of problems and a friend has just told me that she has had similar problems to myself. Anyone else on them and has it caused you problems.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
My husband was on Gabapentin for a while and suffered horrendous side effects.He now just has Amitriptyline with no problem.

FordPrefect

I was on Amitriptyline for a short while but had some really bad side effects couldnt get up in the morning and also had really bad ringing in my ears couldnt put up with any noise at all. My doctor was considering Gabapentin but refered me first as I have private insurance through my employer I got to see a neurologist who recommened pregablin to my GP. He told me it was pretty much the best thing he could legally prescribe in terms of effectiveness and patient tolerance and was basically a replacement for gabapentin.