Anyone take Glucosamine Sulphate?

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As above does anyone take this? If so how much? I've been taking 2x1000mg capsules a day.

Also does this effect your BS, mine have always been ok on it.

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I take it in powder form mix with water 1500mg once a day I also was concerned mainly because of the name but was assured that it was ok for diabetics and does not affect you BS reading

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I take a 1000mg one daily, it doesn't appear to have an adverse effect (any effect even :p ) but logic says 1000mg = 1g so should be ok.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've used glucosamine (usually 750-1000mg capsules) combined with chondroitin for many years for knee joint pain, and haven't been aware of any adverse effects on glucose levels since I've been diabetic. However since I started taking this years before I became diabetic, I have no idea whart my levels would be without it, though they are near normal now. I'd suspect though that they may be worse if I wasn't taking it as my kness would be blooming painful and that would most likely have adverse effects...

Robbity

Nidge247

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been taking 1000mg daily for about 15 years; but this was to deal with chronic rheumatoid arthritis and a long time prior to having D.

I have never noticed any effect on my BGs with taking it.

Interestingly I did see if I could manage a lower dose when on lchf, but was crippled with the pain so back up to 1000mg which controls it perfectly.