Anyone using Mulberry tea?

Ellit

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi..just been looking :shock: at the ingredients of the Zuccarin tablets and wonder if the mulberry tea has the same effects on blood sugar?Given that it is a quarter of the price of the pills I thought someone out there might have some info on it?It probably tastes yuk :cry: but I might swallow it for a £5 if it will work! All answers greatly appreciated....taste opinions :? ...suppliers...etc..etc..... :wink:

stroller

I went out and immediately bought two packets of this stuff on getting the email from diabetes.uk and started taking it. That was a week ago and my sugar levels went into the stratosphere with recordings of over 24 mmol/litre. (I have never been over 15!) I have now stopped taking it and my levels are dropping slowly. This morning my fasting bs was 13.8, not good but better than 4/5 days ago.

Emmac01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Mulberries are delicious fruits that are black, red, or purple in color when ripe and white or yellowish when immature. The ripe berries have a sweet flavor.

Mulberry tea is basically made from mulberry leaves.There are various brands of mulberry tea available in the market.
The most basic form of mulberry tea is made by adding one spoon of these dried leaves in boiling water. Let it steep and then strain. Mulberries are a good source of vitamin K, vitamin B2, and vitamin E, according to Authority Nutrition. Mulberries are also a decent source of copper and magnesium.

There are a number of health benefits of mulberry tea that we know about. Some of them have been told to us through generations (and modern science has proven the folklore correct) and other health benefits such as trying to lower high cholestterol, a great drink for those with type 2 diabetes, helps in vision care and many more.