Anyone watch Fat Fiction on Amazon Prime

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11055922/

Not sure if there's been a previous discussion, my search didn't throw up any results.
I watched this last night & found it good but a bit of a missed oppurtuinity.

Great contribrutions from Sarah Hallberg, Jason Fung, Tim Noakes . . . many of the main advocates of low carb eating.
It explained the contradiction of the Eatwell Plate, Food Pyramid, SAD very well & covered the history of how we ended up with this bad advice.
Perhaps the best section was where they fitted 3 non-diabetics with Libres & gave them a week of low carb vs a week of low fat.
I would have liked them to focus more on the glycemic profiles at this stage & discuss the effects of hyper insulin.
The lady shooting to 208mg/dl after her oatmeal/banana/jam/toast breakfast should have been put in context more, that means nothing to the general public.
Also, there was a middle aged woman who was put forward as the hero of the piece showing her progress from 120 units of insulin down to 100 wasn't impressive enough, surely they could have got a better responder to highlight the potential benifits of low carb.
The lack of a Devil's advocate making the case for the defence of low fat diminishes these types of documentaries, you end up with an echo chamber of smugness that may put off the casual viewer.

A good watch but just needed to a little bit of Michael Moore

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you and I may have watched it in the distant times bc (before Covid!). I recall watching the aussie That Sugar film and the one featuring keto for severe epilepsy.
If you think of the polemical vegan films Field to Fork, Cowspiracy or the one which suggested gladiators were vegetarians (forgot the name) all were quickly debunked by those not in the vegan tribe. Is it possible the low carbers were trying to avoid a similar fate and maybe convince agnostics rather than preach to the converted?
There should be anger of course at the health loss, disability and costs of promoting pharma as the main way to manage all these metabolic conditions that could be ameliorated by better diet.