Appalled at experiments on dogs

Alasdair

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So as a type 1, I am fully aware that I would not be alive if it were not for animal testing. While I curse this horrible condition every single time I inject I also give some thanks to those who made it possible for to stay alive and live my life instead of dying at 5 years old which is what would've happened. Ingrid, you must be the same as is every other type 1 diabetic and probably type 2s on medication also. I don't want to see any animal treated cruelly for any unneccessary reasons - ie cosmetic products etc. But medicine that keeps millions of people alive? Yes, I have to agree to that. It is only because of those tests on pigs and the use of pig's insulin that all of us type 1s are still alive today and can live a somewhat normal life. Just because we don't know whether these dogs got a blanket/toys/walk etc. doesn't mean we should assume that they were treated inhumanely. Why not contact those who done the research and ask them?

Animal testing is not a nice thing, no matter what it's for and what it achieves but, at the end of the day, it saved my life and for that, I am grateful.