Apparently the Queen is low carb!

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's not a surprise.

I think most of the super-rich and celebs have known about the damage from eating **** food for decades.

Reactions: 2 people

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just the Daily Mail and it's (very) selective reporting again.

You're right about the **** food, only the best I should expect, but it looks more like a decent, balanced diet of good fresh foods, with the carbs still well represented though I'm afraid.

For the facts, it's probably worth reading a selection of the reports.

peaches,
tuna sandwiches
cereal – usually Special K
chocolate perfection pie or chocolate biscuit cake
chocolate ganache sponge cake
buttered bread with jam
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodandd...y-what-does-the-Queen-really-like-to-eat.html

The 89-year-old monarch has a sweet tooth and loves chocolates and puddings
http://www.ibtimes.com/queen-elizab...mbled-eggs-crust-free-sandwich-photos-2092526

Any decent stuff about it in the Canadian papers?
In the UK we know to take the Daily Mail with a good low carb pinch of salt.

copey399

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh wouldn't low carbing be easy if we had servants to prepare everything. I know she has to attend a lot of functions which involve eating but I bet she gets to approve (or disapprove) of the menu beforehand. I could handle that :)

"“The royal table hasn’t changed much at all in 63 years,” a bit like the Royal Hairstyle then ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Royalty eat very little processed food as you might expect.
Prince Charles eats salmon and eggs for breakfast - no lunch and a good dinner.
I tend to follow that as he has access to the best advice available and I can't offhand think of any overweight Royal ...

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Walking, shooting, fishing, armed forces, standing all day shaking hands, respect to them for being active, and leading from the front.
Whatever they eat, the job burns it off.

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you look on www.royalwarrant.org it lists all the purveyors to Her Maj, Phillip and Charlie. The search engine isn't great, 'Food and Drink' will list some things and you'll find more with 'Grocery' for example.

Amongst companies purveying, you'll find Waitrose, Boots, Fortnum and Mason, Cadbury's, Musks, Prestat, Charbonnel et Walker, Bendick's, Nestle, Dairy Crest, Dukeshill Ham etc etc. Everything from the Royal Train caterers to local butchers near Balmoral. If they have websites they are usually included.