1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Applying fr provisional licence

Discussion in 'Driving and DVLA' started by gemma486, Mar 30, 2013.

1. gemma486

gemma486 · Active Member

Hi I am currently applying for my driving licence provisional one I am send the forms for diabetes in at the same time to save time I asked my consultant if he thought it would be ok he said no cause I have a had hypos but these hypos are ones I have recognised and dealt with my self with no assistance what so ever or been hospitalised with any of which it asks on the form

Would I be able to get a pro licence with the fact I recognise the symptoms as my consultant said I am not allowed any hypos in the 3 month between my last app and my next one in may which I feel is impossible when I know non diabetics who have hypos occasionally

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

2. Osidge

Osidge Type 2 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Re: Applying fr provisional licence

Gemma

As long as you have hypo awareness and haven't had hypos you could not deal with yourself then I see no reason why you should not get your provisional license.

Good luck

Doug

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook