Applying the Freestyle Libre Sensor

psavvas

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Hi folks!
I'm interested in getting a Freestyle Libre but I'm concerned about the comfort and my ability to apply and remove the patch. Have any of you had trouble putting on the patch or having it stick? How does it deal with body hair?
Any problems with mobility, range of motion or discomfort when moving?

Thanks in advance

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Was easy to put on. Not taken it off yet! It pulls now and again and I’m conscious of it being there sometimes but only a couple of times a day. I feel like a CYBORG which is cool.
Do you have particularly hairy patches on the backs of your arms?

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi folks!
I'm interested in getting a Freestyle Libre but I'm concerned about the comfort and my ability to apply and remove the patch. Have any of you had trouble putting on the patch or having it stick? How does it deal with body hair?
Any problems with mobility, range of motion or discomfort when moving?

Thanks in advance

I had no problem applying it, it’s really easy. I got Rocktape to help it stick but I’m also fine without it. It’s really comfy just leaves a bit of adhesive when you remove it.

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You won't notice after a short while. Sleeping with it took the longest to get used too. I put subsequent sensors on more towards the inside of my arm. This helps as you don't lie on it makes it less likely to get knocked off. Just pull slowly to remove.