1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1 Apps and books

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by SarahJane901, Oct 9, 2018.

1. SarahJane901

SarahJane901 · Newbie

Hi Just been diagnosed type 1. 1 week in and finding food difficult. Is there an app or book - like the slimming world one - which gives u information about shop specific brands? Eg asda curry sauce, Tesco, sainsburys or parks
    Ive got the carbs n cals app and it's great but not comprehensive

2. SamJB

SamJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

MyFitnessPal is really good. You can scan barcodes, it gives you the nutritional info and will add everything up for a given meal

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Expert

The 'Carbs and Cals' app and book are handy, too. I like that it gives pictures which denote portion sizes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Metabolism_Boss

Metabolism_Boss Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I agree with Guzzler, Carbs and Cals is a very good book because it helps with portion control. I have not seen the app. The book is a nice sized paperback. It costs about £12 or cheaper if you don't mind seond hand and don't need the latest edition.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. SarahJane901

SarahJane901 · Newbie

I've got the app and it's great but my Dietian wants me to read labels. Just thought if there was something that compared supermarkets own brand items it would help.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook