Apps that work with Accu-chek Aviva Expert???

Aginoth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

Just been supplied with an Accu-Chek Aviva Expert meter to replace my dead Freestyle Insulinx,

It has an infra red data port. Are there any android apps I can directly transfer data to, from teh Aviva Expert?

Cheers

Hotpepper20000

I have a apple phone but I think MySugr works for android as well.
I have a Accu-chek meter and it works either with Bluetooth and hard wire.
If you have any problems call their number and they are very helpful.
I’m in Canada so don’t have the number for the UK

Reactions: porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi

Just been supplied with an Accu-Chek Aviva Expert meter to replace my dead Freestyle Insulinx,

It has an infra red data port. Are there any android apps I can directly transfer data to, from teh Aviva Expert?

Cheers
Hi, I use the Expert as well. The infra red port is to transfer data to your PC via the Accu-check Realtyme USB cable. Thats the only thing I do with mine to send my BG and carbs etc onto Diasend so the Hospital team can see them

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
You are limited because the meter only transmits by infrared you can get ir receivers for the pc and there are a few apps you can use... Phone wise glooko works if you buy the glooko receiver however glooko not working in the UK due to GDPR issues waiting for them to fix

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
For what it's worth look on eBay for a aviva connect meter has Bluetooth so connects to phone and can use mysugr or a few other apps