Are A1c tests cancelled because of covid 19 ?

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
If you are in England then I don't think they have any choice as long as you have registered and provided id. Complain to the practice manager.
I will do once they have reopened fully , seriously i registered and there was nil on there not a test result or anything . It's a complete waste of time and effort . I provided my passport for Id and was given a unique number to put in when I signed up and thought , great here we go . Then nothing lol.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you are in England then I don't think they have any choice as long as you have registered and provided id. Complain to the practice manager.
I have the same problems with access - I can only order repeat prescriptions and make appointments (although no appointments available at the moment). Luckily in Somerset they’ve rolled out ‘diabetesmyway’ so I log in and get my blood results from there. There is another NHS app which I may try to download to see if I get more success.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Incidentally my daughter signed up recently and she was given a list of about 8 websites she could use to access the information. It seems the websites are just portals to view the data once the surgery gives permission. I don't know where the data is held, maybe at CCG level.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Had a phone call yesterday nurse is coming to my home on Tuesday to draw bloods and do foot check.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
My surgery are still refusing to do blood tests or diabetes reviews, even though I was on 6 month checks and due to have the blood tests and a review in the first week in April.
I've had one face to face appointment since March, because they thought I might have had a stroke (I'd developed Bell's palsy during lockdown) but they refused to do my blood tests even though I had to walk through the surgery and go up in their lift to see a GP.
I had my regular podiatry appointments cancelled (2 so far), my annual eye test was due in June, and also two hospital appts for investigations to check if I have a heart problem are on hold.
Next week I will have a telephone consultation instead of the tilt table test I was due to have a few weeks ago.
I was prepared to wait 12 weeks in lockdown but they really need to resume 'non Covid' appointments here.

Reactions: MrsA2

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Incidentally my daughter signed up recently and she was given a list of about 8 websites she could use to access the information. It seems the websites are just portals to view the data once the surgery gives permission. I don't know where the data is held, maybe at CCG level.

Mr_Pot. I have access to my full medical record, test results, referrals etc. Whilst there are all manner of websites and app available, the relevant practice has to have signed up to them. I found this out when I fancies looking at an alternative to the one my practice uses, as parts of that are rather clunky.

It seems my lot keep themselves to themselves.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I had mine done a few weeks ago - just picked up the form from my G.P. surgery and nipped in to see the vampires at one of our local hospitals when I was dropping off a patient and didn’t have to rush to collect the next one. They didn’t have any nurse appointments at the surgery to draw blood, so seemed like a good solution. Had the results in two days :)

Reactions: WackyJacky64

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mr_Pot. I have access to my full medical record, test results, referrals etc. Whilst there are all manner of websites and app available, the relevant practice has to have signed up to them. I found this out when I fancies looking at an alternative to the one my practice uses, as parts of that are rather clunky.

It seems my lot keep themselves to themselves.
That what I was told about having access to my records - it depends what the practice signed up to originally and mine, as ever, didn’t sign up to much - repeat prescriptions and appointments only.