Are diabetics suffering for no reason?

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I had seen that before, but it's still all uphill.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Very interesting read, thankyou for that

Katharine

Thanks, I'm just so sorry so many people are still suffering for no reason. Forums like this can help a lot and as I don't think my SIGN input will effect as much change as I would have liked to see, we just have to keep going.

sandymaynard

Hi Katherine,
Every little bit helps, every step helps, every time something like that gets noticed then that is a step in the right direction! Well done on you!
You sound like a great Gp! Well done on you!
Thanks for all the help and info that you have offered me! I can only say that I have recived so much help on this forum, People offering me help to be honest, I have found so much support here! I am proud to be on here!
I would like to thank everybody!
Sandy

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Hi Sandy,
Scientists are attempting to clone Dr Katharine and Mrs Pugwash so we all can have the benefit of excellent Diabetes care :D

Cheers
Graham

peppiB

It really is annoying though that when I told my DN and GP that I was low carbing, hence my improvement, they both agreed that was the correct regime but told me I had to find that out for myself as they had to stick to NHS info for people to eat carbs! I am sure there are many people on here who will back up Katharine's statements if Diabetes UK are looking for guinea pigs for trials.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Great work Katharine! Thanks for pushing this at the GP level.

Trinkwasser

It was good to see Katharine's input on a recent bmj article too

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/eletters/338/mar05_2/b800

a pleasant surprise since my comment was (presumably) one of many that were censored.

Some sites post comments and then remove them restrospectively, so if you are quick enough you can see what they don't want you to know. Sometimes the BMJ lets through some surprising stuff but not on this thread. :(

She looks very much like a lone voice in the wilderness while the decision has already been made to push poor control and then try to get paid a bonus for achieving it. :(