Are Libre Sensors suddenly super sticky?????

jinty73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All members of the british government, benefit fraud, liver & kidneys, animal cruelty, having to work
image.jpeg
My sensor came to an end about an hour ago and.....oh....my......god......it was agony peeling it off!!! They must be using a new sticking agent to prevent all the doorframe accidents. Now a bit scared to stick another one on as its left my arm really raw(obviously I wouldn't be sticking new one on same area!!) Anyone else experienced this???

Bill_St

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Try a medical adhesive release - available from chemist or free sample from OPUS. Also easier if you press the skin and adhesive patch down from the sensor. It seperates at the sensor and then the adhesive patch rolls up off the skin.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ouch!!

Mine have always stuck like limpets, but not quite to that extent, and I've always had to be a bit cautious in removing them.

Robbity

jinty73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All members of the british government, benefit fraud, liver & kidneys, animal cruelty, having to work

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine have always been difficult to remove.

Am currently conducting a wee experiment to see how long it takes before one falls off without me pulling.
Currently running at 22 days, and still stuck as well as it was on Day1 :)