Are There Side Effects To Look Out For?

MonkstonDave

Well done Dave.
Thank you. This is all new to me and i really don't know what I'm doing....
Thanks. Not really deserving of a well done tbh, but I'll take that My advice is simple. Concentrate on one thing at a time and make gradual changes. So, for me, cut out 80% of my bread intake. Then, improve diet and check labels for high % sugar. Avoid all the obviously high sugar foods e.g. Coke and increase your metabolism by exercise. Lots of steps but all of them should help you. DON'T READ TOO MUCH at this stage or you risk being overwhelmed. Small changes every day every week and you'll be fine. All the best for the future!

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. This is so informative.
I didn't get any real advise from my doctor at all.....
I didnt realise that this would be so complex and not as simple as just cutting down carbs and sugar
Once you get past the jargon, it is usually a relatively simple process. You do not need to calorie count on LC diet (if not using insulin), and carb counting is a simple matter of reading the nutrition labels. If you want ketosis then carb counting is essential, but you can use LC without ketosis, and then it really is a case of replacing carbs and sugars (and I would add processed ready meals and snacks) in a more relaxed manner. There is plenty of diet related info on this site (and other web sites too) with tasty recipes. I have converted my whole family over to Low Carb, and we all benefit from it.

How are your side effects now?

I am attaching a crib sheet I used in my early days and although it is getting old, it has some easy aide memoire.

Attachments

• Action Plan.pdf
    153.6 KB · Views: 363