1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Are These Sleep Hypo's?

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by spacebod69, Dec 28, 2018.

1. spacebod69

spacebod69 Type 2 · Member

I have been reading various posts and am wondering whether me waking up with my legs absolutely soaking might be night time hypos. My levels are usually the same as when I went to sleep though. If they Are them, what should I make of it and do? I do have Fibromialgia and M. E. And other health issues so cannot tell the real cause. Any help would be appreciated so thanks in advance. If they are Not them, I'm stumped. o_O

2. kitedoc

kitedoc Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @spacebod69. As a T1D, a hypo at night can cause my whole body to be soaked.
    I would suggest you discuss your symptoms with your doctor who has your full history, medication and examination findings.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. spacebod69

spacebod69 Type 2 · Member

I think I'm scared in case it happening while asleep is dangerous.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

May I ask if you are on insulin or any of the drugs prescribed to actively lower blood glucose levels?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook