Are you logging post COVID vaccination high BGs on the Yellow Card site?

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
Specific to UK based members. I went through the latest UK data on vaccination side effects and the recording of BG level impacts looks vanishingly small regardless of which vaccine - but seeing posts from members still strugglingly to get their BG levels back to pre-vaccine levels even a few weeks post vaccination. Please do report, as this will help inform COVID vaccination impact for diabetics going forward (may take years to get a full picture - but more data is always better).

https://coronavirus-yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Specific to UK based members. I went through the latest UK data on vaccination side effects and the recording of BG level impacts looks vanishingly small regardless of which vaccine - but seeing posts from members still strugglingly to get their BG levels back to pre-vaccine levels even a few weeks post vaccination. Please do report, as this will help inform COVID vaccination impact for diabetics going forward (may take years to get a full picture - but more data is always better).

https://coronavirus-yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/
Thank you. I am in process of doing just that, along with other unusual symptoms following my second AZ jab.

Reactions: Flora123

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can you amend what you log/update it, or should you wait until side effects subside?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can you amend what you log/update it, or should you wait until side effects subside?
I think it best to report straight away.
After you submit your report, there is the option for you to provide further information at a later date.
You are also given a reference number, and have the option of how you wish to be contacted.
I chose the email option, and received a confirmation email with further info.

Reactions: UK T1

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks I logged after my first dose but don't remember getting contacted so will check if I had an email, possibly forgot to tick the right box, I was feeling pretty groggy!