Article in inews about potatoes - confusing?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I do not think Zarella Farms would have any trust with the UK with Brexit. :D
Where there is demand, there's a way! Mind u company may be happy as they are, not everyone wants to conquer Europe.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Linked at the side of the inspiring article about @Goonergal

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/comment...-requirements-to-form-part-of-a-healthy-diet/

Is it me or is this just a load of cobblers?

Starch tends to decrease Insulin Sensitivity and increase Insulin Resistance, surely? Or we would all be eating starch to improve our BG control. The whole first sentence seems crazy - can increase insulin sensitivity BUT can also improve blood sugar control.

Be nice if this was true, of course, but I'm not convinced that my new health regime should be mainly baked potatoes and skin on chips with the aim of improving BG control. Oh, and I'm not convinced that potatoes increase satiety (fullness) unless you eat a lot of them! I am a victim to roast potatoes cooked in goose fat and could just eat and eat them. I would be full eventually, of course. :rolleyes:

I suppose that they are comparing potatoes to boiled rice and noodles but it doesn't seem to be a well informed or researched article.

Sigh. Reading on:

I feel that this may detract from the other articles, or even (if you get to the article the same way that I did) confuse people about what is a low carbohydrate diet.

I thought they'd got rid of the potato marketing board some time ago. :(
Let the none diabetics gorge on potatoes. It does them no harm.
Mind u personally I can reheat fresh ones and get no to little spike.

D

Deleted member 308541

Where there is demand, there's a way! Mind u company may be happy as they are, not everyone wants to conquer Europe.
It's easier to supply China than Europe with fresh produce, as they are closer to deliver to at reasonable freight rates.

Not only is product freighted by ships, there are daily cargo flights from some of the main regional airports as well.

I forgot to add, that Spud Lites were on special price yesterday $1.00 a kg cheaper, so stocked up with extra.