1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Aspirin in T2 Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Shem S, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Shem S

Shem S · Well-Known Member

I’m T2, last HBA1C was 35 and found out last week I’m pregnant. Now 19 weeks + 1 day & midwife has recommended I take aspirin, Vit D and Folic Acid. Anyone else had this advice/recommend?

2. CharlottePatten

CharlottePatten Type 1 · Member

Hello congrats on your pregnancy, I'm currently pregnant with my second with T1D, I have only ever been told to take 5mg folic acid preconception and till 12 weeks then aspirin 150mg from 12 weeks due to prevention of pre-eclampsia as diabetes puts you in the higher range of having this, vitamin D is always great for a developing baby whether your diabetic or not, I also take this daily. Hope this helps

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook