Asthma And Low Carb

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hi, I’m asking on behalf of a colleague who has asthma, she is wondering if eating a meal with minimal amount of carbs has an effect on asthma? She ate a very low carb meal yesterday and no breakfast this morning and today despite being in a very dry air conditioned room is not coughing or experiencing any symptons, she wondered if there is a connection?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anecdotally... As is usually the case for nutritional discoveries.. lots of people on the keto forums and zero carb forums report the same thing. All symptoms disappearing when low carbing.

Reactions: jayney27

bamba

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Quite possibly allergy to something they had been eating eg Gluten - which is less likely to occur in low carb.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My wife's asthma seems to be better since I went low carb, and as I do all the cooking and she likes low carb food, she is now mostly low carb.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have not been using my inhaler so much since going low carb.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Anecdotally... As is usually the case for nutritional discoveries.. lots of people on the keto forums and zero carb forums report the same thing. All symptoms disappearing when low carbing.
Thank you for replying I will let my work colleague know this

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Possumtail

hi, I’m asking on behalf of a colleague who has asthma, she is wondering if eating a meal with minimal amount of carbs has an effect on asthma? She ate a very low carb meal yesterday and no breakfast this morning and today despite being in a very dry air conditioned room is not coughing or experiencing any symptons, she wondered if there is a connection?
I have been on low carb for just over a year and I’m classified as severe asthmatic. I’ve not have had one single asthma attack since I started. Which is amazing as I usually spend each year sometime in hospital for my asthma. I have noticed that I don’t tolerate weat likely the gluten in it.

Reactions: DCUKMod

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been on low carb for just over a year and I’m classified as severe asthmatic. I’ve not have had one single asthma attack since I started. Which is amazing as I usually spend each year sometime in hospital for my asthma. I have noticed that I don’t tolerate weat likely the gluten in it.
That's great news for you, thank you for taking the time to reply.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Wow! That's fabulous news for you. Obviously, not the wheat/gluten issue, but at least if that's identified you have a tool to add to the health toolbox.

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi, I’m asking on behalf of a colleague who has asthma, she is wondering if eating a meal with minimal amount of carbs has an effect on asthma?
Hi @jayney27 get your colleague to watch the magic pill on Netflix if they have it. One of the participants the singer is asthmatic and has amazing results going low carb.

To the point that they stopped using an inhaler if I remember it correctly. :singing:
:bag:

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @jayney27 get your colleague to watch the magic pill on Netflix if they have it. One of the participants the singer is asthmatic and has amazing results going low carb.

To the point that they stopped using an inhaler if I remember it correctly. :singing:
:bag:
Hi thanks for this, I will let her know. She doesn’t have diabetes and definitely doesn’t need to loose weight. She mentioned that she had tried cauliflower rice, after my suggesting it to her, this meant that her evening meal that day had been much lower in carbs than normal. I linked carbs and inflammation and wondered if low carb would have the same effect on internal organs as it does joints. It made sense to me so she decided to repeat the low carb eating the next day, and again today, she hasn’t coughed at all or needed her inhaler today.