At last IT'S MINE!!!

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Had my pump review appointment today and have come away really pleased. Since Christmas my HbA1c has dropped from 8 to 6.8, my weight has dropped and feedback from my consultant was really positive. I no longer have the pump on trial - it's mine for the next 4 years at least. I'm so pleased. They said how nice it was to see what a difference a pump can make to someone, not just with improved control but also psychologically. I think I grinned all the way home!

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
That is great news Lucie, really pleased for you :)

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Brilliant news!! After 10 weeks on the pump my hba1c has dropped from 8 to 6.3 so like you I was ecstatic and although I've had some hypos nowhere near like I would have with MDI. I'm
On a 6 month trial but DSN said unless there was alot of evidence against you it's very unlikely they will take it off me and they haven't had to take anyone's off them in my area but have issued some warnings, so fingers crossed I can keep mine too! Don't know how if ever go back to MDI now the thought of it makes me feel horrendous after getting a taste of the freedom abd flexibility that the pump gives me!

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@K8tie_x that's what my dsn said to me too - they hardly ever take anyone off a pump unless they're not following suggestions etc to make it work for them. I went in thinking that I'd be asked 20 questions about my blood sugars, activity, testing etc but they basically asked how I was finding it and whether I thought it was working for me. The HbA1C speaks for itself but it was very informal and felt very much like it was my decision as to whether I kept it or not. Like you, I couldn't go back to mdi. It would be horrific. They don't need to see me for another year now unless I run into problems.

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bet that was a big relief then when you came out! I don't really feel too worried about them taking it off me but it will still be nice to know that after 6 months ill have abit more security with it being mine. I didn't think I'd feel so at ease and get into the swing of things as quick as I have I'm really glad I have though, I never really thought there was anything that could make diabetic life so much easier than MDI