At last ... prescribed testing strips !

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
Been a while since I posted on here . Not been too well lately , when I was first diagnosed my grumpy old GP was one who didn’t think T2 should test . I have been seeing a different lovely GP for a few weeks and she has put testing strips on my prescription. She’s an excellent doctor.

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations on finding a doctor with a working brain who is clearly listening to you. Not all doctors are the same - different attitudes, different training - perhaps many years ago, different personalities, different priorities. Some just behave like robots in my experience. They trot out the same standard info, no matter what you say. I've just discovered a new GP at my current surgery who is a big improvement for me. He's a type 1 diabetic.

Reactions: Debzz_
D

Deleted member 489048

Is like there was a big thing a while back about learning hospital staff to be empathetic when dealing with people with dementia. Some doctors just don't know when the person in front of them says something and says ''it's worrying me'' they turn off their hearing!!!!! Thank goodness I've got a DN that listens!!!!!