At work with no insulin

Lynmi

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you have pre-filled pens or the ones you change the cartridges of? If the latter, unscrew your pen, drop one of those small inner needle caps in it, close the pen again, prime until insulin comes out and inject as usual. You should have about 20 units left in your pen.

I use the prefilled pens unfortunately

Lynmi

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
@Lynmi - Is your job something you can do from home? If it is, would it be worth decanting for the rest of the day?

Working from home is not easy and I had meetings on campus this afternoon :-(

Lynmi

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Keep us updated @Lynmi on what your BGs are doing

Its been ok, had tuna and egg salad for lunch and it was 11.5 just after. Just got back from a walk across campus for a meeting and its now down to 6.1, so I may even be able to have a biscuit before I finish work :)

Reactions: Antje77 and porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Its been ok, had tuna and egg salad for lunch and it was 11.5 just after. Just got back from a walk across campus for a meeting and its now down to 6.1, so I may even be able to have a biscuit before I finish work :)
Brilliant news. Low carb day for you today

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Despite the inconvenience and worry you have learned some things today. You can now even more confidently steer your diabetes ship, and keep it looking spick and span for your parents' sake !!