Atkins Fat Fast

cmor16

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone done this and had good results?

I'm getting desperate now! I have lowered my carbs to 20g, am only eating two meals a day and STILL can't lose weight. I have never wanted to lose weight as desperately as I do now but nothing is working.

My blood results (other first thing in the morning when they are normally borderline) are always good and I feel like I'm doing everything right but just can't shift a pound. At first I felt and looked a bit slimmer but there's been no difference for ages.

If anyone has any ideas how to kick start a bit of weight loss I am all ears!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone done this and had good results?

I'm getting desperate now! I have lowered my carbs to 20g, am only eating two meals a day and STILL can't lose weight. I have never wanted to lose weight as desperately as I do now but nothing is working.

My blood results (other first thing in the morning when they are normally borderline) are always good and I feel like I'm doing everything right but just can't shift a pound. At first I felt and looked a bit slimmer but there's been no difference for ages.

If anyone has any ideas how to kick start a bit of weight loss I am all ears!
Are you limiting what you eat or eating to satiety?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am logging everything on Myfitnesspal and have allowed myself 1600 cals but most days I am under that.
Could be that you aren't eating enough.. o you have a lot of weight to lose? How long have you been low carbing?

cmor16

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Could be that you aren't eating enough.. o you have a lot of weight to lose? How long have you been low carbing?

I'm definitely eating enough, and eating well too. I could do with losing about two stone (two pounds would do at the moment!). I've been doing this since the middle of March. I just can't work out what's going on :-(

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Could be that your body is healing itself from previous problems? Have you been calorie restricting in the past? I have read many times that women have a harder time losing than men due to multiple hormonal issues as well as having more things to heal before the weight loss starts. You could take a look at www.ketogenicforums.com lots of advice there about people new to keto not losing immediately. The usual advice seems to be keep calm and keto on it will happen when your body is ready (as well as people asking "are you eating enough?")

Edit to add to answer your initial question...I do quite a lot of fasting and have kick started weight loss through various types.. no food fasts, egg fasts and a week of bacon only.

cmor16

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Could be that your body is healing itself from previous problems? Have you been calorie restricting in the past? I have read many times that women have a harder time losing than men due to multiple hormonal issues as well as having more things to heal before the weight loss starts. You could take a look at www.ketogenicforums.com lots of advice there about people new to keto not losing immediately. The usual advice seems to be keep calm and keto on it will happen when your body is ready (as well as people asking "are you eating enough?")

Edit to add to answer your initial question...I do quite a lot of fasting and have kick started weight loss through various types.. no food fasts, egg fasts and a week of bacon only.

I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune underactive thyroid) but that's never stopped me losing weight before. I don't lose quickly but I've never been in the position where I can't lose at all especially when I'm being so super careful.
It's only since this bloody prediabetes thing that it's all gone pear-shaped...literally! I moved to Spain just before Christmas and was literally in holiday mode for months until it all came to a very abrupt end at the doc's. I will have a look at that link, thank you. Maybe someone can come up with a miracle cure ;-)