1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Arrived here after watching The Truth About Carbs? Join the Low Carb Program for meal plans & 10 weeks of simple steps into your new lifestyle.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Aura during hypoglycemia

Discussion in 'Reactive Hypoglycemia' started by glenk, May 17, 2018.

1. Contralto

Contralto Other · Expert

Hard to explain, Imagine a sea of different shaped metallic things - cubes, rectangular or other sided objects, stuck together or separately, sometimes sized according to Fibonacci sequencing or other sequencing according to size, all reflective but not equally, some like stainless steel, some aluminum, some a kind of reflective blue, making a kind of frame around what you can see, blurring toward their edges toward the vision center where you can see, in an oval shape.

If I close my eyes, the fractals are still there, sometimes across the whole field of vision, but they begin to fade and if I wait, resting, I can see clearly after they have gone. If I do not wait, sometimes there are dark spot on the field of vision. Sometimes in patterns like real fractals. Hard to parse while essentially blinded in those areas taken over . I have a few eye problems which may contribute to this occurring, Fuchs Dystrophy, diabetic macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, cataracts.

• Hug Hug x 1
  2. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

I am interested in your comments seeing has I have just discovered I have very slight age related macular degeneration in the right eye. Please, how is that differentiated from diabetic macular disease?
    thanks
    D.

3. Contralto

Contralto Other · Expert

I am having a hard time figuring out that as well. Here are the best known booklets on the eye disorders in the US. If you want to own them , they are expensive, but if you click on the bars in the following, you can read them for free. When you figure out the differences, please educate me forsooth because my mind blureth:

http://westcoastretina.com/patient-education.html

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook