Autonomic Neuropathy

Annie_wannie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi I've been a type 1 diabetic for nearly 50 years but.now I fear i may have autonomic neuropathy i haven't been diagnosed as such but I have a lot of symptoms which the Docs seem a bit puzzled by but it does worry me. I have muscle weakness, burning tingling in different places in my body light headedness drop in blood pressure and now some problems with eyes. Maybe I'm being a bit hasty diagnosing myself but I fear this maybe the case and if so I'm sure it will be a difficult diagnoses to deal with. Had anyone been diagnosed with this if so, how bad can it get and how does it get treated. Thanks for your help

Flitty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Briony, I have been diagnosed. Really painful nerves all over my abdomen and bad news constipation led to an X-Ray study of bowel motility which showed digestion taking up to 10 days. I also have the same complications as Annie plus 2 toes amputated. Have you been diagnosed?

dmckatana

Does anybody have autonomic neuropathy??
Yeah I have small nerve damage to my spine which causes hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating). I find it very embarrassing as if i get hot then I start sweating buckets. I need to change about 4 times a day.

Why do you ask?