Autonomic Neuropathy

homer190376

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, just wondering if anyone has any advise on controlling/improving the condition Autonomic neuropathy ie what diet suits best or anything other useful information as this really does affect my life at the moment, my control of T1 is relatively good.

any information no matter how small, muchly appreciated.

thank you

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @homer190376, autonomic neuropathy covers a range of conditions. Were there any ones in particular you are referring to ?
e.g. postural drop in blood pressure, gastroparesis, bowel problems ?

homer190376

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hi, I suffer from gastroparesis and prescribed domperidone, although my own GP is reluctant to prescribe this for very long. i haven't had a issue for 3 years but this Monday just gone i came over very ill really quickly, sweating/shaking from being freezing and vomiting/diarrhoea, as quickly it arrives it is gone within a few hours but takes a few days to recover. I've read lactose and gluten free diet can help?

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @homer190376, sorry to hear of your troubles. Could it have been a reaction to the food you ate or a viral infection?
According to medicines.org.uk Domperidone has to carefully prescribed where liver, kidney or heat issues at involved, plus it can cause diahorrea in its own right.
I gather there are other treatment options for gastroparesis if needed but it seems unusual to be symptom-free for 3 years and suddenly have this happen.