Aviva Expert Meter

Sibyl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was given an expert within the first week of diagnosis, 3 years ago. My wonderful nurse sat down with me and we set it up together. 15 mins tops. It’s fairly straightforward to learn anything extra as you go. I tend to use the Libre with it if I’m wearing a sensor as I can adjust bolus if rising fast or dropping. I agree the case ain’t man enough for the job.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I was offered an 'Expert' meter by my Diabetic nurse. I had to have a couple of hours training in a group and a one to one review after a few weeks of using it. I have to say that it has revolutionised my diabetic experience. You have to feed in personal settings such as your insulin sensitivity e.g. 1u:10g and a few other things such as your target range (I'm aiming for between 8 and 10 because I've lost a lot of hypo awareness) Then as long as you can estimate the carbs in your meal it works out everything for you. As I said, I'm aiming for between 8 and 10. My tests today have been. 8.6 7.0 10.5 7.6 8.7. Fantastic. Is anyone else using this meter and if so how are you getting on?

I use the expert meter and it is fantastic