Avocado basil lemon mayo/ dip/ salad dressing

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I generally don't like to mess with my avocado other than sea salt but gave this a try. Delish.

1/4 c mayo
1/2 avocado
2-3 tablespoons cut basil
1 tsp lemon.

Smash it all together and chill.

The original recipe was cilantro and lime so of course could be substituted

Just thought I'd throw it out there for those trying to like avocado and those that already do.

It would make a great salad dressing or veggie dip. I smeared it on some chicken slices.

Reactions: Salvia

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I generally don't like to mess with my avocado other than sea salt but gave this a try. Delish.

1/4 c mayo
1/2 avocado
2-3 tablespoons cut basil
1 tsp lemon.

Smash it all together and chill.

The original recipe was cilantro and lime so of course could be substituted

Just thought I'd throw it out there for those trying to like avocado and those that already do.

It would make a great salad dressing or veggie dip. I smeared it on some chicken slices.
I may have to give this a go, I really don't like avocado , perhaps this recipe will change me

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Kristin251 251 Sounds like that might be the go here at home.

Your gunna hate me again for this Avacado dip we buy.

http://www.chrisdips.com.au/brands/avocado-200g/

This one is on special offer this week at our local Woolies.

http://www.chrisdips.com.au/brands/southern-smashed-avocado-fetta-dip/
Ha!! I could never hate you @Tipetoo !! And not jealous at all. Mine is so much cleaner without junk. I think too with the lemon /lime ( I liked lime better) and the oil in the mayo it should last longer without browning

Let me know if you try it!! Plenty to play around with.

It's going on my egg salad lettuce wrap.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I may have to give this a go, I really don't like avocado , perhaps this recipe will change me
It doesn't taste a lot like avocado. Just lots of its healthy fat and fiber.

I love avocado ( as we all know) but I'm a mayo junkie too so best of both worlds!

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Kristin251, I usually take mine straight but your recipe is simple and easy, I'm tempted to be a little adventurous ..... :woot: :D

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It was
@Kristin251, I usually take mine straight but your recipe is simple and easy, I'm tempted to be a little adventurous ..... :woot: :D
good but I like mine straight too. Just avocado or just mayo. I can always add basil and lime on top of either.

I was just in the mood for something new.

It would make a great dressing thinned with water though.

Reactions: Salvia

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You so inspired me with your mayo inventiveness @Kristin251 that I got crafty tonight when I wanted easy Hollandaise sauce on my grilled salmon and poached eggs..... Last time I tried making it I took my eye off it and ended up with a scrambled mess.

WARNING: this recipe contains no avocado!

Whisk a very bigly heaped tbsp full fat mayo with an egg, 2 tbsp melted butter and a tiny slug of apple cider vinegar in a glass bowl over the saucepan you are boiling your husband's helping of new potatoes* in, until thickened**.

:)

*husband and potatoes are optional
**sauce, not husband

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You so inspired me with your mayo inventiveness @Kristin251 that I got crafty tonight when I wanted easy Hollandaise sauce on my grilled salmon and poached eggs..... Last time I tried making it I took my eye off it and ended up with a scrambled mess.

WARNING: this recipe contains no avocado!

Whisk a very bigly heaped tbsp full fat mayo with an egg, 2 tbsp melted butter and a tiny slug of apple cider vinegar in a glass bowl over the saucepan you are boiling your husband's helping of new potatoes* in, until thickened**.

:)

*husband and potatoes are optional
**sauce, not husband
Blender hollandaise.

1 stick butter
2 egg yolks
2 tsp lemon juice
minced zest of one orange

Melt butter. Pulse yolks and and lemon juice in blender.
Slowly drizzle butter into yolk mixture with motor running. Bl no until sauce is the consistency of lightly whipped cream. Stir in zest

Once you go here you'll never go back haha

You crack me up with hubby and sauce and potatoes. Sometimes I'd like o blend my hubby in the blender or over cook his a*s.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Made excellent creamy mayo yesterday. Was so looking forward to bf with it. Might have to have something that requires mayo for lunch too!!