Avocado to the rescue!!

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Got 1.5 grams of Carbs per 16 gram serve, nice hint of lemon in it though.

http://www.avofresh.com.au/cold-pressed-avocado-products/soft-avocado-hint-lemon

Edit: I noticed it is a local product produced here in Bundaberg.

They up to exporting the stuff yet? I'm sure they'd get a good market if prices could stay reasonable.
They're right about the boom; prices here are rising almost weekly. Same for other items, salmon and other fish, and fresh veges as well. Don't know if it's just markets generally or is demand driven, but very noticeable.

edit: typos

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It worked again.
Went to bed at 75. A bit scared again to take lantus. Woke up at 2:30 and 75. Then fasting at 7:45 92. I can live with that!
Next I'll test again without it but not until I'm higher before bed
Weather has me a tad up or down. Usually never that low before bed.

It would t be the worst thing if I had to have a scoop. I prefer not to eat before bed but I also prefer not to be diabetic

Reactions: Snapsy

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morrison sell wonky Avocados they are cheaper than the normal ones nd come in nets of between 3and 5 depending on the size about £1- 70 pence. I think
CAROL

Reactions: Salvia
D

Deleted member 308541

Awesome. Thank you @Tipetoo !! It would be nice to have on hand!!
And I could swirl it around like my avatar! NOT

It might be a bit thick to paint with it with a brush, but a palette knife hmmm.

I squeezed a length of it onto my finger last night, finger lickin' good. :D

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It might be a bit thick to paint with it with a brush, but a palette knife hmmm.

I squeezed a length of it onto my finger last night, finger lickin' good. :D
I imagine just like the canned cheez whiz and whipping cream!! I can totally see doing it !!

How long does it last after opening ?

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It says on the tube keep refrigerated and use by five days after opening.

I cannot really see it lasting five days between the two of us eating it.
Wow. That's great!! The fresh ones go bad after a day. I don't like mine brown. I do preserve them by putting some waxed paper or Saran on all the visible flesh and press down firmly on a plate and refrigerate. Keeps longer.

That would never last a week with me haha. It would be great to travel with! Believe it or not I always bring mine with me.

I sure hope we can get it!! The prepared store bought is gross most of the time.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeh, me too! Or maybe could use a stick of celery as a scoop, much as I do now with the cream cheese tub.

Good question about how long it lasts - although, it probably won't last all that long anyway, so 'use by' may never arise :hungry:

edit: sorry folks, this crossed with your posts - glad to see we're all thinking along the same lines :D

D

Deleted member 308541

@Kristin251 and @Salvia

I phoned up AvoFresh yesterday, and asked to be put through to the sales manager, the girl on the phone was confused by what I asked for.

Finally got put through to someone who had no ideas about exporting products to anywhere. Then he said when the boss gets back he will get him to give me a ring at home.

So waiting...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Kristin251 and @Salvia

I phoned up AvoFresh yesterday, and asked to be put through to the sales manager, the girl on the phone was confused by what I asked for.

Finally got put through to someone who had no ideas about exporting products to anywhere. Then he said when the boss gets back he will get him to give me a ring at home.

So waiting...
Thanks for all your efforts!! It shouldn't be that hard lol

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Kristin251 and @Salvia

So waiting...

Many thanks for follow up on this, Tipetoo. It sounds as if the company is still a small(ish) local concern at the moment, and maybe they've not yet thought about widening sales beyond Bundaberg & immediate surrounds. Perhaps when they know there's "interest abroad" they may be inclined to consider future expansion. ;)
On the other hand, of course, two people doesn't exactly constitute a huge overseas market, so not holding out much hope just yet! :meh: