Awful Burning Heels

teasytux

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello fellow forum members,

I've been Type1 Diabetic since 1972 & in 1997, I started having chronic neuropathy in my legs & other areas. I've had umpteen drug trials without much success but gotten by with Mst, Phenytoin & Duloxetine. For the past few years my heels really really burn, especially at night, which causes umpteen breaks in sleep woken from. Its got too much now & I hoped any members with burning heels have been able to find something to help? Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

Best wishes, Tux

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello fellow forum members,

I've been Type1 Diabetic since 1972 & in 1997, I started having chronic neuropathy in my legs & other areas. I've had umpteen drug trials without much success but gotten by with Mst, Phenytoin & Duloxetine. For the past few years my heels really really burn, especially at night, which causes umpteen breaks in sleep woken from. Its got too much now & I hoped any members with burning heels have been able to find something to help? Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

Best wishes, Tux
Ooh, that burning sensation. When I had it I was worn out from disturbed sleep. Don’t have neuropathy, but do have skin condition that causes the burning, painful sensation. Agony. Dermatology prescribed this:
https://www.dermacool.co.uk/
Instant relief. As long as skin is not broken. If GP won’t prescribe it, perhaps pharmacy can advise on which strength will suit your needs. Expensive in a 500g tub, but smaller tubes are around £5.00.
Hope this helps you.

edit to add, I use the 2% one.

Last edited:

teasytux

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ooh, that burning sensation. When I had it I was worn out from disturbed sleep. Don’t have neuropathy, but do have skin condition that causes the burning, painful sensation. Agony. Dermatology prescribed this:
https://www.dermacool.co.uk/
Instant relief. As long as skin is not broken. If GP won’t prescribe it, perhaps pharmacy can advise on which strength will suit your needs. Expensive in a 500g tub, but smaller tubes are around £5.00.
Hope this helps you.

edit to add, I use the 2% one.
Hello Pipp,

Thank you very much for your help. I will chat to my GP about. My left heel currently has broken skin so I'll have to wait before trying the dermacool. Thank you again, keep well. All the best to you, Tux

Reactions: Pipp

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Pipp,

Thank you very much for your help. I will chat to my GP about. My left heel currently has broken skin so I'll have to wait before trying the dermacool. Thank you again, keep well. All the best to you, Tux
I hope it helps. We do have to look after our feet. So don’t delay getting the GP advice.