Type 2 b/s 19 loss of consciousness

Seacrow

Type of diabetes
LADA
I do get that not all type 2s can come off insulin but surely it might be possible to reduce the insulin by reducing carbs? Again lower and better carbs not full out keto obviously as we all have to make changes at our own pace.
My dad is being threatened with going onto insulin and believes his insulin production is now 'borderline' and we hope that his c peptide levels will rise once his insulin resistance lessens afrer 13 years of type 2.
As a t1 when on injections I could only overdose myself a maximum of twice a day with 2 doses of levemir but then I was putting up to 24 units in so it was hard to accidentally double that and if taking a smaller amount I guess it would be easier!
Just for my information can you tell me which co morbidities are associated with loss of hypo awareness ?

When I was on basal pen insulin my main error was forgetting I had already injected, and giving a second dose. It becomes apparent what you've done one to two hours later as your blood glucose goes into a permanent downwards slide.

My main interfering comorbidities are gastroparesis and hyperparathyroidism.