Baby blood sugar after birth experiences please

Tilly_S

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello :)
So I’m 33+6 weeks I have decided to ask for induction at 39 weeks I am due December 27th so have decided to ask for 20th (I would have no induction as my 3rd baby personal choice but I am very worried about it involving xmas day and the fact I have an 17 month old and 8 year old )
Anyhow I cannot for the life of me remember to much with blood sugars for my boys last year is a blur but I think albie had low sugars for a while and needed formula top up but can’t rememwbr how long for
My basic question is how long after birth do they monitor baby’s sugars ? Will formula definitely get them up quickly ? I want to breast feed but I would top up if needed as don’t want to be in for xmas !
Protocol is 36 hours staying in ? (my youngest was early so that didn’t count )
I’m trying to think of worst and best case scenarios for how long we will be in after birth
Say if I was induced on 20th and then I was in labour for 2 days (hopefully not likely ) or needed a c section I would be kept in 2-3 days ? And in that time hopefully baby’s sugars are ok.... given the 36 hour rule would we be bac for xmas ?

Tilly_S

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Is baby being low usually if your sugars are high in labour and the week leading up ?