Back pain or kidney pain?

Miss90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I thought I hurt my back a few days ago, but now the pain seems to be more like tender kidney pain, but I'm not quite sure. It's on the right side, almost lower-mid back and I can feel it 'throb' when I walk. I don't have any usual symptoms of a kidney/urine infection but I feel a little flu-like and the pain is getting worse.

Shannon27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If there's a chance it's anything to do with your kidneys, I'd say contact your Diabetes Nurse as soon as, and get a blood and urine test done. Then if it's nothing to do with your kidneys you know for sure that you don't need to worry about them. It's possible you may simply be coming down with a cold. You could have strained a muscle in your sleep (believe me it happens!) although that wouldn't account for the flu-ey symptoms. Get yourself checked with your nurse, then figure out what's wrong. Hope this helps and I hope you're feeling better soon! :)

Seacrow

Type of diabetes
LADA
Go to your GP immediately. I had similar symptoms, general flu'ishness and localised pain, but no UTI indicators. In my case it was a kidney infection, which left untreated nearly killed me, and took my kidney function down to 10%. A simple urine dip test can rule it in or out, and you need to know.

If the pain gets too bad, go to A&E.

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
"Flu like" means you have a fever to me (since a fever is the only consistent sign of influenza viral infection. No fever no flu.) I'd get it checked out.

annalevis

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I am having a severe pain in my left kidney some of the time but I am not sure that what was the actual reason for this severe pain. I am worried about my kidney pain I have also consult a doctor and taking medicines but some of the time I am having severe pain without any reason as I have no kidney stone in my kidney. I have research a lot for this severe pain attacks and I have found several ideas why I am having this pain but not sure that the mention reasons https://www.healthmagaz.com/kidneys/kidney-pain/11-signs-may-kidney-pain/ were the cause of this pain . Can somebody tell me what was the actual reason of this intolerable pain.