back pumping

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As much as I enjoyed the freedom of managing my diabetes without the aid of my pump, and started very well back on mdi, things started to decline the longer I was on mdi and eventually went haywire. I do however think I benefited just having a break but maybe should of been a shorter one. I now have a cartridge in my pocket ready to go back in my pump later today. Main problem being again morning readings, lack of flexibility of on the spot adjustments to basal, which. Did cause problems. The longer back on mdi the worse things got..
Hopefully, maybe a change of pump at renewal time will make things easier.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hope the return to pumping goes well Brett.

Not wanting to sway you either way, but if the option comes up and the Omnipod Pump is available when your renewal date comes around have a good look at it and see what you think, the automatic cannula insertion on the pods is straight forward and you don't have to do anything apart from applying the Pod to the skin, with some members saying they have had problems with their infusion set changes I'm sort of pleased I went for the Omnipod Pump.

Reactions: 2 people

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Was already thinking of omnipod , just hope its offered come the time, got to wait a while though.

Reactions: 2 people