Back to Back 3 Monthly HbA1c Test

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today my GP authorised a consecutive HbA1c test, 3 months after the last test where my result dropped clear of the Prediabetes range. Previously this had been blocked by the receptionists so I had to make an appointment with my GP to authorise it as well as discussing other matters. So I now have a booking for next week. It will be interesting to see if the 36 from last time is repeated, bettered or otherwise.

We touched on the practicality of my diet and he, whilst endorsing lchf, did point out that a relaxed approach should or can be applied when on holiday, special occasions thus endorsing the idea that it does no long term harm if occasional.

He also authorised / suggested a step down plan on my blood pressure medication starting with a further immediate reduction from 3 x 4mg doxazosin to 2 x 4mg per day.

Last edited:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez
I took the opportunity to ask him if the entire surgery sang from the same hymn sheet on lchf and T2 reversal and his response wasn’t exactly forthright. :D

D

Deleted member 308541

Previously this had been blocked by the receptionists so I had to make an appointment with my GP to authorise it as well as discussing other matters.
One of the matters to discuss should be the receptionist blocking your blood tests, that is not on in my book. :meh:

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
One of the matters to discuss should be the receptionist blocking your blood tests, that is not on in my book. :meh:
That’s what they are there for isn’t it? :D

I didn’t mind too much as it gave me an opportunity to speak to him again.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

I agree but the receptionist can't be blamed. In most practices, the receptionist can only go from what is shown on the computer, and if no blood tests have been ordered, she can't book one. Pre-diabetes patients normally have a review blood test annually, not 3 monthly. It would appear the doctor did not book one on the computer records for 3 months.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree but the receptionist can't be blamed. In most practices, the receptionist can only go from what is shown on the computer, and if no blood tests have been ordered, she can't book one. Pre-diabetes patients normally have a review blood test annually, not 3 monthly. It would appear the doctor did not book one on the computer records for 3 months.
The computer says no.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In most practices, the receptionist can only go from what is shown on the computer, and if no blood tests have been ordered, she can't book one.

And boy oh boy can they be tenacious on that. No can do and all that. :D

There is a sort of chief receptionist who I know through the PPG and she was a bit more co-operative than her “jobsworth” colleagues yesterday. So it is booked.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Result arrived over the weekend. It was 35 mmol/ mol

This was of course achieved on a strict diet of 100 to 130grams of carbs a day. These figures are also in tandem with reversed associated diabetic symptoms.

No review required.

Last edited:
Reactions: DawnOfTheZed