Back to basal!

jopar

Don't forget the protien will have some impact on the sugar levels and it quite slow adsorbing, so bare this in mind,

Also I would only make one of the changes tomorrow, keep to the tea change and see how that pans out.. otherwise you won't be sure which one did or didn't work...

I know that it will feel like you going at a slower pace to where you want to be, but it is a lot easier to work out if something worked and where to go next with another adjustment if needed..

leggott

Thanks Jopar.

I understand about making only one small change at a time, but we are concerned that if we only increase the basal late afternoon/ early evening his bloods will probably be ok at around 10/11pm but he is still falling a bit around 1am ish and then could hypo. As I've slept through a few alarms I would rather he was a little high than low.

We are keeping all the basal profiles stored in the pump so should we need to revert back if things go drastically wrong, then we can.

Thanks,

leggott

jopar

perhaps do the later change first, so he runs slightly higher, then the 4pm one afterwards to see if it evens everything out?

Finger's crossed for you, but I can feel a undesturbed night kip not that far away..

leggott

yes, that's probably better.

It's been years since I've had a full nights sleep as I have a toddler to look after as well as my elder two. But not having to get up several times a night and then have your mind thinking about what will happen at the next blood check would be wonderful! Having said that I don't think I will ever stop worrying about bg levels through the night, well not until a cure is found.

jopar

Going by that my children are now grown up, youngest is 19 none are diabetic but I still worry about them one way or another.

I know my mum and dad did find it difficult to come to terms with my diabetes, and I wasn't diagnosed until I was 24 and married But they worried about me, sadly no longer here..