BACK TO FRONT

dumpling

Back to front as usual I'm saying hallo after already posting some questions on the boards.

Hi I'm dumpling I'm 51 years young and found being told I had Type 2 diabetes as if the sky was falling , didn't I have enough to deal with Asthma, under active thyroid, Allergies to poultry eggs fish and fish oils and now this how self obsessed can you get Ishould count my blessings there are far worse off people out there and thier not complaining .

But it did feel like the end of the world on that August morning in 2006, I had to go into hospital because other things were happening at the same time. They said I had to take tablets and modify my diet and low and behold would you believe it I have trouble taking tablets I have trouble swollowing them have always been like it as far back as I can remeber everything I have to take is in liquid form now Ihad to take tablets its ok though I bought a crusher and take them in water don't taste very nice but at least I can take them, 1metformin and half a gliclazide first thing, 1metformin lunch time then the other half a gliclazide teatime with the simvastatin and then last thing at 10pm 1 metformin .

I thought i would never master it but I'm getting there I still messup somtimes but by enlarge im doing ok.

Now I sound like a right winger and im sorry to have bored you all silly but things are looking up I've got internet I've found this sight and I can now find all the moral support I need at my fingertips thankyou all :D

ChocFish

Awww dumpling welcome to you again :)

Dont you worry, you are not whingeing at all, you need to get things off your chest, bottling things up only makes you feel bad and might even increase your blood glucose, so sounding off and talking about worries is the right thing to do, and at least in here we all know what you are talking about, been there, done that, wearing the tshirt....

I can assure you that you are not boring and also that almost every member can identify with you, the diagnosis is a shock and takes a while to come to terms with, but you will see, it will bet easier as you go on and learn about diabetes and have good control over it.

Just stay with us and you will see that everyone is understanding, caring and supportive.

Love from

Karen x

Thirsty

Dumpling, if I could choose to get rid of asthma or diabetes, my first choice would definitely be asthma; it's a horrible, frightening illness. Diabetes is a walk in the park in comparison to that awful feeling of struggling for every breath during an asthma attack. At least diabetes is controllable.

Carry On Wheezing!

:wink:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Welcome dumpling!
Are you a slightly rounded person? from your nickname?

dumpling

I'm sort of well covered and 5ft 1and half wich is very important when your short all my hight is in my body my mum used to say I had ducks dease bum close to ground :lol: dose that answer you question I have very short legs dumpling is a nickname I've had since infant school

Reactions: Smiler99

999sugarbabe

Welcome Dumpling,
Nice to hear from you. Always plenty of help & support here if you ever need it. :)