Back To The Beginning...

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
You lost the battle - not the war. You just need to do what you need to do, be kind to yourself, we are only human and all are fallible. Psychiatric drugs are a bummer but it is better to take them than deal with the situation without.

I fell off the wagon big time but I am struggling to regain control. I have found that posting my daily fbg reading makes me face up to things. Yesterday I had crisps as a 'treat' but that was no treat as my bg rose and now I feel bad. I know that I must be kinder to myself and not self-sabotage , easier said than done I know but you get the gist?

Onwards and downwards (bg wise) my friend, the forum is here for you.

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @mehhh2015
The positive thing is that you did test your bloods and are now wanting to take action, Any help from GP? Obviously the medication you are now on is not helping with your bloods. Will someone be checking on how that medication is helping/not helping? Is it possible to change it? Were you warned what it might do to your bloods? These are just questions for you to think about, Stressing about high bloods will not be helping with your bloods. I find any stress increases by bloods.
Last time you got your readings down so quickly. It took me several months not a few weeks. Possibly try to do things a bit slower this time and try things that you think you can keep going with. Low carb but possibly not very low. Testing will help. Can you also find treats that will work for you?