Background retinopathy improved!?

zicksi101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was told in 2010 that I have very mild, background retinopathy in both eyes, and this has continued to be the case for 7 years. I thought the best I could hope for with this was to stop it progressing through good blood glucose control, and hopefully never end up with a problem (it doesn't affect my vision today).

My recent result from the clinic is surprising, as my latest eye result is now saying there are no diabetic changes to my right eye, where previously there was background retinopathy!

I didn't think it was possible for background retinopathy to improve, am I mistaken?

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was told in 2010 that I have very mild, background retinopathy in both eyes, and this has continued to be the case for 7 years. I thought the best I could hope for with this was to stop it progressing through good blood glucose control, and hopefully never end up with a problem (it doesn't affect my vision today).

My recent result from the clinic is surprising, as my latest eye result is now saying there are no diabetic changes to my right eye, where previously there was background retinopathy!

I didn't think it was possible for background retinopathy to improve, am I mistaken?
Yes, it's possible for it to improve :)

Reactions: zicksi101